A place for thoughts, ideas and discoveries

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Tarnished Image

Simple thoughts this morning...but deep application!  Satan's grand desire, within the knowledge of his limited capabilities, is to effectually tarnish and degrade the image of God everywhere.  In spite of his inability to totally destroy this world, he finds pleasure in "tarnishing" God's image by "submitting creation" to sin and death, etc...  In spite of his inability to "pluck out of God's hands" those who are His, he finds pleasure in "tarnishing" God's image in them.     
To the extent that I allow Satan to use me for his ends, is to the extent that I will be used by him to "tarnish" God's image in me.  Well, how does he go about "tarnishing" God's image in me?  This would be an important question to those who are "zealous for good deeds."  One of the many answers possible...he uses our interactions with others and our reactions/responses to them!  As long as I am preoccupied with how I'm being treated by others, I am unable to focus on bearing God's image in that particular situation.  The true image-bearer is more intent on bringing forth a true image of Christ in every situation, than in making sure self is understood, complemented, patted on the back, etc...
This morning has been such a great example of this in my own life!  I have allowed my body, my "instrument", to be used to distort the image of how Jesus Christ would deal with a particular person in a particular situation!!  
In other words, I "tarnished" God's image of Christ in me.  The words coming out of my mouth were right, but my attitude, plastered all over my face, was wrong.  What a terrible picture of my Savior's compassion and kindness. 
I am so awed at the grace of my LORD as He deals with me...and yet I fail to show that same grace to others..."oh wretched man that I am, who will deliver me from this body of death?...Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!."  Rom. 7:25
"There is , therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus."  Rom. 8:1
Unbelievable grace....

No comments:

Post a Comment