A place for thoughts, ideas and discoveries

Friday, September 24, 2010

The "down-side" is a blessing?!

Our family has just received a wonderful answer to a 2-month (or more) prayer request.  How absolutely wonderful the LORD is!!! Never ceases to amaze me!!  As I pondered on this graceful gesture from my heavenly Daddy to my family, I realized that soon, sooner than you might think, we will probably move on to other prayer requests, etc...
Don't get me wrong, God is absolutely marvelous in everything that He does... yet there is a down-side to joys on this side of heaven.  We have a child, wonderful!...soon we are embroiled in the ins and outs of child raising ...then they leave...ouch!  We bought a house, great!...soon we are doing our best with upkeep and decorating and fixing, etc...We bought our first new car! exciting!...soon we will be rotating tires, changing transmissions, etc...I felt great last week!...marvelous!... haven't felt so good this week
All these blessings bring with them a "down-side" of decay and aging.  Oh, if it would just be all good and no down-side!! we lament.  But wait...perhaps this is what draws my heart towards heaven...the down-side.  There is no downside there and that is exactly what I long for.
To us who are children of God, we look upward, where He is.  To those who are not, they look around for more...how sad.
Thank you LORD for the downside.  It draws my heart to You and your promise of an eternity with You with absolutely NO DOWNSIDE!!!
Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment