A place for thoughts, ideas and discoveries

Monday, August 9, 2010

Confession Time!!

Two things you should know before you read this:  I've been praying that the LORD will allow us to meet neighbors and share the good news of the Gospel with them.  Also,  I love my morning walks!  I get to talk to the LORD without interruptions and enjoy nature...my two favs. 

However, last week...they both happened AT THE SAME TIME!!! Okay, here's confession time.  I was actually perturbed that one of my neighbors decided to walk her dog WITH me!!! Nothing shows my selfishness as when my "comfort" zone is invaded!  After all, this is MY time with the LORD!  Ouch!!! How the LORD chastised me for this.  
How fickle I am!!  I pray that the LORD will keep whittling down all my little "comfort zones" until He alone is left.  After all, He alone is the God of all comfort!

 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."  2 Cor. 1:3-4





No comments:

Post a Comment